We can Help
The resolving of the damage and often refurbishment of the building is time consuming, stressful and it can be expensive. Repeated flooding can leave the property economically un insurable.
When dealing with buildings that have been affected by flooding it is important to understand the impact and implications of the water on the fabric of the building, as well as the long term implications of the repairs needed.
Too often repairs to flood affected buildings are undertaken by general builders with little or no understanding of the long term effect that can be expected when buildings get wet.
As Members of the Property Care Association Flood Remediation Group PRS are specialists when it comes to repairing buildings affected by water ingress As members of the group we offer the following services:-
1. Assist in the recovery of a building
This is achieved by monitoring and inspecting the drying structure.
Recommendation for remedial treatment and monitoring will reduce the risk of potential future problems by identifying potential problems of rising damp and fungal decay, before and during the refurbishment program.
2. Provide effective repair and reinstatement
PRS offer solution to any flood damaged building and potential prevention of future flood damage.
It may also be possible to use products and techniques that will allow a building to be repaired and reoccupied before the fabric of the building is completely dry without compromising the repair or living conditions.
Providing refurbishment and repair solutions
This can introduce greater long term resilience to future flood water ingress.
In some circumstances it may be possible for members of the PCA Flood Remediation Group to undertake repairs that will provide the building with far greater resilience to future floods.
The use of innovative materials and techniques previously seen only in structural waterproofingÂ may be adapted to above ground situations to provide a degree of water management capable of reducing future damage. Flood defence systems can be used to prevent re-occurrence of the flooding in high risk properties.
Members of the PCA flood remediation group are:
- Skilled surveyors, consultants and contractors who understand dampness in buildings and who have the equipment, skills and connections to provide drying advice, undertake diagnostic investigations and complete effective repairs.
- Experienced contractors who understand how to repair buildings that have been affected by water ingress.
- Specialists who understand how to keep structures free from water and whose experience, coupled with innovative products and tried and trusted techniques, can repair and protect structures from the long term effects of water.
- Members of a well established and respected Trade Association that understands and supports its members with technical advice and guidance.