About Our Guarantees
TrustMark insurance for deposits and WIP must be taken out prior to the start of the works. On completion of the work and full payment of the account, our 20 year written guarantees will be issued for damp-proof courses, timber treatment and replacement wall ties. Our guarantees for structural water-proofing/dry lining works are for 10 years. Guarantees are offered only for work that we carry out. We do not guarantee work that we have not undertaken ourselves.
Guarantees for Damp-proofing, Timber treatment and Wall Ties
Guarantees for Structural Water-proofing
Deposit and Work-in-Progress Insurance
TrustMark is based around a set of Government endorsed standards for trade associations, certification bodies and other organisations that wish to become approved scheme operators. Only approved scheme operators are allowed to award the TrustMark to registered firms. TrustMark publishes its standards for everyone to see. A copy of the Core Approval Criteria can be downloaded from the publications section of the TrustMark web site.
When a firm displays the TrustMark logo it signifies that:
- The Approved Scheme Operator has carried out basic checks on the firm’s technical competence, trading record and creditworthiness (including on-site inspections)
- The firm has signed up to an appropriate code of practice that includes mandatory insurance (e.g. employers’ liability and public liability insurance), good health and safety practices and proper dealing with customers
- Its quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction are checked and monitored at regular intervals by the Approved Scheme Operator
- The firm will make sure the customer is made aware of any Building Regulations issues
- If the customer has a problem or disagreement with a registered firm, the Approved Scheme Operator will investigate where appropriate and try to resolve the issue
- And if the firm does not provide insurance cover automatically, the customer has the option to buy a warranty covering the possibility of the firm going out of business
- Firms will be vetted and monitored against recognised British, international or industry standards. In other words, the firm’s standard of workmanship should be what is generally considered good practice.
As a member of the TrustMark scheme we are required to offer insurance to private domestic clients to protect:
- Deposits (only if taken)
- Work-in-progress (WIP)
The offer of insurance is a requirement for any job over £250 including VAT, up to £50,000 including VAT (but excludes the cost of any installed equipment covered by a manufacturer’s warranty). Lower and higher value contracts may be covered by special arrangement.
The charges for deposit, WIP and guarantee insurance are shown as optional and separate items in the quotations we issue.
All of the above are provided as an addition to the statutory rights conveyed in law.
All insurance policies and guarantees have conditions and these need to be carefully read and understood by our clients. Specimen policies and guarantees are available from our office on request
Demands and Needs Statement relating to the offered Insurance – The GPI insurance backed guarantee is the only insurance product of its type currently available. It meets the demands and needs of those who wish to ensure that the guarantee provided by a contractor who has treated wood-boring beetle, dry rot, wet rot, rising damp, or has provided replacement wall ties, lateral restraints or structural waterproofing is fully secured.
Should you have any queries on the above or any complaint against Professional Remedial Services Ltd regarding the Insurance, please contact:
Guarantee Protection Insurance Ltd, 37 Carrick Street, Ayr, South Ayrshire, KA7 1NS.
Telephone : 01292 268020 Fax : 0845 094 7977
Email: [email protected]
Web site: www.gptprotection.co.uk